1.Apply through JCPS Options and Magnets
Before applying to YPAS, be sure to complete the JCPS Options and Magnets Application.
2.Complete the YPAS Application
Click "Apply Now" to start this process. You do not need to complete separate applications for YPAS and Manual. Please be prepared to upload the following:
- Headshot (this can be a school picture or one you take yourself)
- Performance resume (you can Google sample resumes for your audition area)
- One page essay entitled “Why I want to attend YPAS” (typed or handwritten)
- Non-Jefferson County Public School students will need to include school transcripts including middle school grades, test scores, and most recent progress report. If you are currently in high school, please upload that information for the current year and your previous two years of school.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are auditioning for more than one YPAS area, you only have to apply online once.
3. Get two teacher recommendations
You will need two recommendation forms to complete the application process. You can choose a school teacher, private instructor, director, or other community members to complete the recommendation form. Copy the link below and send it to the two people you choose to complete the recommendation.
Teacher Recommendation Form Link: https://bit.ly/YPASRecommendation
Prepare the audition material for your specific area listed on this page. Be sure to work with a teacher or private instructor so you are fully prepared.
Once you submit your application and both recommendations have been received, information about auditions will be emailed to the primary email you list on the application. If you have not received an email within one week of submitting your packet, check with your recommenders to see they have completed the forms. If they have, please email firstname.lastname@example.org