For complete audition details Click HERE
1.Apply through JCPS Options and Magnets
Before applying to YPAS, be sure to complete the JCPS Options and Magnets Application.
2.Complete the YPAS Application
You will apply on dupontmanual.com. Please create an admissions account and complete the application. You do not need to complete separate applications for YPAS and Manual. Please be prepared to upload the following:
- Headshot (this can be a school picture or one you take yourself)
- Performance resume (you can Google sample resumes for your audition area)
- One page essay answering the prompt "YPAS and Manual will challenge you in a multitude of ways. Describe a time where you have overcome a challenge and what you have learned from it. What have you learned about yourself while preparing for your YPAS audition?” (typed )
- Non-Jefferson County Public School students will need to include school transcripts including middle school grades, test scores, and most recent progress report. If you are currently in high school, please upload that information for the current year and your previous two years of school.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are auditioning for more than one YPAS area, you only have to apply online once.
3. Get two teacher recommendations
You will need two recommendation forms to complete the application process. You can choose a school teacher, private instructor, director, or other community members to complete the recommendation form. Please collect your reccomenders email. It will be submitted on your application.
Prepare the audition material for your specific area listed on this page. Be sure to work with a teacher or private instructor so you are fully prepared.
Once you submit your application and both recommendations have been received, information about auditions will be emailed to the primary email you list on the application. If you have not received an email within one week of submitting your packet, check with your recommenders to see they have completed the forms. If they have, please email email@example.com